Feeling powerful in your own skin takes dedication.
With the positive, comes the negative; life wouldn’t exist without this balance and riding with it is necessary. Taking everything moment by moment, you can appreciate your gifts because of the struggle you went through to discover them.
Spirit finds ways to test you
Being tested can be re-traumatizing and also terrifying. I see it as a way to see how far I’ve come as I’m being shown examples of my strength. Life will test you, over and over. You will repeat lessons and either you understand their message or you don’t. I saw it as a clear signal that I’m growing into my power as a woman.
It’s important to feel safe in the world,
And symptoms arise from not feeling safe, and those can be rough on your spirit leading to hopelessness and many other feelings including not living your life to its full potential. I wrote a run down of what I do to keep myself safe. As a survivor, I know how it is to live in fear and it’s really no way to live.
These reminders can be applied daily.
- Remind yourself that you’re strong and capable. A lot of times, we give away our power to whomever. Take your power back and realize you can protect yourself and your boundaries. You do not need anyone else to protect you.
- Learn to accept what happened and forgive yourself, whether positive or negative.
- When you’re having a breakdown or anxiety attack, realize this is normal! Don’t feel guilty or bad about it, find a safe place to express your feelings and call someone safe to talk to. My life became easier once I allowed my anxiety and stress to flow through me without judgment.
- Carry something on you everyday that makes you feel powerful, whether it’s a crystal, a rosary, pepper spray, anything really. Take a self-defense class and do one thing everyday to help yourself feel safe.
- Learn to recognize the red flags and subtle clues around you. People will give away their intent in subtle ways; learn to recognize when someone is preying on you. We usually fool ourselves by ignoring those gut feelings we know we should have listened to.
- ALWAYS follow your intuition. If it seems unsafe or gives you a bad feeling inside, LISTEN! No matter how stupid you think your feelings are; listen to them and see where they are coming from. You may turn out to be wrong, but if you’re feeling the fight or flight feelings. It’s usually for a reason.
- Don’t take abuse. Do not own or make excuses for others bad behavior. We can be kind and understanding while still placing strong boundaries down. In fact it is actually helping the person when you place boundaries rather than enabling bad behavior.
- Remember that you’re never alone, you always have a spiritual team rooting for you.
- Sometimes we get back the energy we put forth, be mindful of what you’re focusing on. When I am focused on fear or am in a more low-energy state that day, I attract lower energy to me. Be self-aware.
- Breath. Take time to breath and relax yourself in anxious moments, breath is your life force.
- Do not take people’s abusive behavior personal to yourself. They are doing things because they have conflicts within themselves, it’s never personal to you.
I always share what has worked for me, not one person is a like and I hope you gained some value through my experiences. If you loved it, drop into my group and let me know. I love hearing from you.